.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
most recent posts

Friday, September 01, 2006

From Page to Stage

As a writer, taking your work from the page, onto the stage can take many forms, including reading excerpts from your book, performance poetry, or even participating in open mic events.

I think I'm a closet extrovert, quite unlike the stereotypical writer hunkered down in his/her den with a coffee and a full ashtray. Alone and happy to be that way. Sure, I like that aspect of writing, the alone time pulling words out of my head, or sometimes just channeling them through my fingertips onto the keyboard. But I also like sharing my words, outloud.

San Diego Writers, Ink is offering a class, "From Page to Stage" that will teach you how to do add vocal texture to your words. Although geared towards poets, this class should offer any writer great tips for performing his or her words aloud.

The class meets at the new Semi-Permanent Ink Spot (710 13th St. Studio 210, San Diego CA) and begins Monday September 25, 2006 running 6 consecutive Mondays through October 30. Pre registration is required.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home





news you can use

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?